RevLite® is a new version of the laser of Q-switched laser especially for pigment removal which was guaranteed efficiency and effectiveness from United States (the laser developed From Medlite Series C3-C6). Key features of RevLite®is the short and precise working on pigment that make it affect faster and safer and suitable for all skin types as well as fewer side effects than conventional laser. (PhotoAcoustic Technology Pulse (PTP) Performance More energy and very short period laser beam)
Previous versions of Q-switched laser take longer laser light and accumulate heat as Photothermal effect. So there was adverse effect on Asian skin. It will cause dark area after treatment, also known as post inflammatory hyperpigmentation – PIH. However, RevLite® has PTP technology which energy can be divided into two periods, thus skin was heated in moderation, fewer side effects and better performance.
Difference of Q-switched between previous version, Single pulse, and PTP Pulse Revlite.
Moreover, RevLite® provides up to four wavelengths making it more specific and comprehensive to all pigments.
Different wavelengths are available with different pigments, the most effective treatment Thereby requires specific wavelength to each pigment.
What can RevLite treat?
Before and after Dermal pigmented Lesion treatment
Before and after lentigo treatment
2. Anti-Aging Maintenance: Solutions to rejuvenate wrinkles with PTP “Shockwave” technique which can stimulate and re-arrange natural collagen to tighten facial skin. It also helps to rejuvenate the skin on various parts of the body such as hands, neck and chest to be younger without side effects.
3. Acne ScarReduction treats scar, acne scar: at wavelength 1064 nm infrared wavelength of RevLite® can make acne pits shallower. It is reported that a single treatment helps acne pits shallower around 23%. The result of hyperpigmentation of the skin from inflammation will be improved quickly from excellent property of pigment abnormalities removal. It is a very good laser treatment for hyperpigmentation, fast and no side effects and suitable for all skin colors.
4. Muti-Colored Tattoo Removal removes all tattoo color: RevLite® and Medlite are considered the Gold Standard devices for multi-color tattoo removal because they can remove tattoo ranging from Black, red, green, blue and etc. Because the wavelength range of options and after treatment the skin color returned to normal, exhaustive removal, no pigment left and without scarring or leucoderma after treatment. Traditional YAG lasers can remove only some colors.
Before and after tattoo removal
5. Permanent hair removal: for all types of hair removal even the floss on the face or darker hair color in hidden spot with PhotoAcoustic Technology Pulse® (PTP) technique due to high power and high specificity with melanin; it can remove small and thin hair without damaging the skin remove hair at all parts of the body quickly. Preventing patients from suffering or pain during treatment.
The treatment takes a long time?
Medical laser takes about 10-30 minutes. When the laser hits pigments, there will be slightly sound and patients will feel more comfortable. After the laser, cream that can stop all 4-steps process of melanin will be applied;
Is RevLite hurt?
You may feel slightly like an ant bite especially in areas with more melanin such as freckles, melasma or dark spots. During the shot, there will be cold steaming around -40 degrees Celsius which makes the patients more comfortable.
Demeanor after treatment
Patients are able to work after treatment or make-up as usual. Immediately after treatment, the face will be pink. This usually disappears within 24 hours. Patients can wash their face as usual without rubbing. After treatment, Patients should apply sunscreen to protect the skin and avoid the sun 5-7 days after treatment.
Number of treatment and how often?
Depending on the nature of the disease that needs treatment approximately 2-4 times per week. Some might see the result in only once or some people may take 2-6 times depending on the lesions and the patient's skin condition. Cost start at 2,000 baht per visit.
Wutinan Sithipolvanichgul, MD
Specialized in Dermatologic Surgery and Laser
- Dermatologist, MSc UK
- Specialized in Dermatologic Surgery and Laser
- Member of American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Master class: Surgical Laser Procedures and Pigmented Laser in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Education in laser from such medical professional as Richard Rox Anderson M.D., who has been praised for his expertise in the global skin laser.